The Council is the governing body of the Institute. Council members directly elect the President and the Vice President sitting as an electoral college. Ultimately all acts undertaken by the NIPR’s officers and staff are in the name of, and with the authority of, the Council.
PRESIDENT AND CHAIRMAN OF COUNCIL
Mallam Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, FNIPR
VICE PRESIDENT /VICE CHAIRMAN OF COUNCIL
DCG. Adewale Adeniyi, MFR,FNIPR
MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
- Abimbola Raphael Olugbenga PhD
- Rev. Fr. Prof. Boniface Anthony Chiejina Obiefuna, FNIPR
- Prof. Emmanuel Dandaura, FNIPR
- Mr. Haroun Harry Audu, FNIPR
- Alh. Ibrahim Muhammed Harruna, FNIPR
- Dr. Ike Neliaku, FNIPR
- Dr. Joseph D. Fanafa
- Alh. Kabiru Garba Aminu
- Hajiya Maryam Isa Mele
- Mrs. Nkechi Ali-Balogun, FNIPR
- Mr. Ohaeri Osondu, FNIPR
- Mrs. Thelma Chika Okoh
- Mr. Osuji Sunny Dominic, FNIPR
- Mr. Samuel Toby Oseloka, FNIPR
- Sule Ya’u Sule, Ph.D. FNIPR
- Mr. Peter Dama
- Mr. Olusina Thorpe
- Dr. Tayo Haastrup, FNIPR
- Mrs Priscilla Ihuoma, MNI, FNIPR
- Brig. Gen. SK Usman (Rtd), MNI,FNIPR
There are currently four ‘Standing Committees’: Membership; Professional Practices; Training and Development; Business Services & Revenue. A member of staff is allocated to each committee to provide advice and support. A Disciplinary Committee meets when necessary to consider references to it by the Professional Practices Committee.
GOVERNANCE AND ADMINISTRATION BY COUNCIL
NIPR’s 22-member Governing Council composed of 17 elected members sitting as an electoral college, and 5 members appointed by the Federal Government. Acting on behalf of Council as the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute, the President provides leadership in the management of NIPR business through the chapters, committees and the National Secretariat.
NIPR branch organisation in States which are called Chapters. Each has an elected executive council led by a chairman.