The Council is the governing body of the Institute. Council members directly elect the President and the Vice President sitting as an electoral college. Ultimately all acts undertaken by the NIPR’s officers and staff are in the name of, and with the authority of, the Council.
- Dr. Ike Neliaku fnipr - President & Chairman of Council - FCT
- Prof. Emmanuel S. Dandaura fnipr, FNAL - Vice President & Vice Chairman of Council - Nasarawa
- Dr. Sule Ya'u Sule fnipr - Kano
- Mr. Akin Agbejule fnipr - Niger
- Mrs. Olubunmi Adedoyin Badejo fnipr - FCT
- Prof. Kate Azuka Omenugha fnipr - Anambra
- Mallam Bashir Adamu Chedi fnipr - Kaduna
- Prince Ford ObiOzumba fnipr - Imo
- Dr. Saudat Salah Abdulbaqi fnipr - Kwara
- Brig. Gen. S.K. Usman (Rtd), fnipr, mni - FCT
- Hajiya Maryam Mohammed Sanusi fnipr - FCT
- Mrs. Thelma Chika Okoh mnipr - Lagos
- Comrade Ini Ememobong Essien mnipr - Akwa Ibom
- Mallam Kabir Ali Kobi mnipr - Bauchi
- Pastor Paulinus Enyindah Nsirim mnipr - Rivers
- Prof. Sarah Benjamin Lwahas mnipr - Plateau
- Mr. Adaramola Temitope mnipr - Ogun
- Dr. Adewale Oladipo Oyekanmi mnipr - Osun
- Mr. Bajulaiye Olanrewaju Adetokunbo anipr - Lagos
- Mrs. Omolara Ebunoluwa Esan - FCT
- Mr. Jibril Baba Ndace - Niger
- Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu - Lagos
There are currently four ‘Standing Committees’: Membership; Professional Practices; Training and Development; Business Services & Revenue. A member of staff is allocated to each committee to provide advice and support. A Disciplinary Committee meets when necessary to consider references to it by the Professional Practices Committee.
GOVERNANCE AND ADMINISTRATION BY COUNCIL
NIPR’s 22-member Governing Council composed of 17 elected members sitting as an electoral college, and 5 members appointed by the Federal Government. Acting on behalf of Council as the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute, the President provides leadership in the management of NIPR business through the chapters, committees and the National Secretariat.
NIPR branch organisation in States which are called Chapters. Each has an elected executive council led by a chairman.